Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Working Hard with Baggy Collars



Baptism of Jose Garcia - he is on the right - Jan. 27, 2013

Hey Familyyyy

Well, I’m glad that you are having a great vacation, sometimes all you gotta do is laugh, it sounds like from the moment you booked the trip, from the moment you got to the airport, from the moment you got to New York. You’ve just been having great adventures haha.  Sometimes things just work out that way.

That’s crazy about all the ward changes, I’m glad that Tuscany ward stays the same, although I’m sure it has changed a lot since I’ve been gone.

This week was good, we baptized Jose Garcia. The last member of the Garcia family to be baptized  It was a good month. The mission did not complete its goal of 350 baptisms, but I can say I did my part, we baptized every week this month, for a total of 6. But we still need to do better, and we will.
Last week Jose still wasn’t too sure about his baptism, but we were able to have a really great lesson about repentance, and he was able to decide and take the decision to be baptized.

Right now we are teaching a really pilas young couple named the familia Ramos and they are progressing well, they should be baptized on the 17th of February.
This next month is going to be a little strange because there are various dates for changes, not just one. Because of the amount of new missionaries coming in. So on the 5th of Feb there is a chance of changes, and not the 20th. I really hope that I’m not gone on the 5th, but I believe that on the 20th I’ll be going to a new area.

There are a lot of visa problems here in Guatemala too, all the missionaries that are from Guatemala that haven’t gotten visas are just staying in Guatemala, and a lot are serving in our mission. Apparently in February there are 70 new missionaries coming in, and about have of them are only going to be waiting for their visas. In about 6 months from now, 50% of the mission will only have less than 6 months of being in the mission field. There are just tons coming in.

Well, I sent you pictures of the baptism we had, also of us with a youth that always comes with us on visits, and always says high to us with this salute. He just went to another part of Guatemala to study so that was the last time I saw him. And a foto of me and a really cool cloud that formed about the volcano, and then one of the volcano and sunset, and you kinda can tell from the picture that it has been cold here, but the weather has gotten a lot better.

On Friday I did divisions with Elder Tanner, I went to Comalapa with him cuz I had to do an interview. It was really fun though, the people there hardly ever speak Spanish, they only speak Kakchiquel, but I was able to learn a few new phrases from being there.  It was a lot of fun. 

Also I got to weigh myself on a trustworthy scale yesterday, :S. I only weigh 144.4 pounds haha. I used to weigh 160, hey I try to eat, but it’s just the Guatemala effect. I weigh what I weighed in like grade 9. It’s great that I have baggy collars though, way more comfortable ha.

Well, I don’t really know what else to say. Send me some pictures of your trip next week! I’d love to see some!

I love you all, keep it real, stay classy.
From Guatemala, With Love,
E.Hops ;) xoxo

A youth that often comes on visits with us, and always says hi with his salute



A cool cloud that formed above the volcano

No comments:

Post a Comment