Monday, January 21, 2013

It's Twins

Baptism of the Family "G"
Gotta look good for an apostle!
Hey familyy.
This week was full of surprises, good and bad, I guess, but nothin' that impedes the Work of the Lord.

The family G- was baptized  well, part of he Family G-, that was the surprise, In the interview, J-, the oldest son, of 13 years,  he decided that he didn't want to be baptized yet. He has a new friend that is a bad influence on him i think. But we are still hoping to baptize him this month, as in this month we have the huge goal of 350 baptisms.
but it was a good service, and they are happy.

The other surprise is that I'm in a trio now. Elder Whitaker, came on Friday morning and is now in our companionshp. He entered with Elder Maldonado, so I am training him as well now. So right now I'm training two missionaries at the same time, I've got twins you should say.  Elder Whitaker is a Cowboy from Logan Utah,he's a great worker, so were workin' hard here in Chimalt.

Wow that sucks that Vicki and Erica have to start their missions in Calgary, I'm sure glad I didn't have to do that. Knocking on my friends' doors, being with people i somewhat know, ha, well, I'm glad I came straight to Guatemala.

We did have to go to the capital yesterday to fix some visa stuff with Elder Maldonado, we had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get there on time, it kinda sucked, I was real tired from it, but I'm all good now.

So I sent you some pictures of these super cool wood carvings, that are really expensive that a member does, but they are so cool and beautiful, the huge round one of the one diagram in the book of abraham costs almost 500 dollars, but it would be something that would last a lifetime, the tree of life, costs like 250, and you can get one carved of a temple, with your last name below it, like the Calgary temple and then have Hopkins under it, kinda cool too, that's like 300 dollars, all hand carved in a hard dark wood.
I was/am kinda thinking that it would be really cool to get one of those, but let me know what you think! I dunno, I don't understand the value of dollars anymore maybe.

And also, you should send me more pictures each week, since I'm so good at sending you guys pictures, I always enjoy seeing pictures.

I got  a haircut again, and I got a picture taken this time, wow! conference with Elder Christofferson this Thursday, gotta look good for an Apostol.

What else is know... not too much, yesterday we had a lesson with a catholic priest guy that wanted to fight with us, but we just let him go, If I could give one piece of advice to someone in the mission, it would be the advice that the Lord has given me in Doctrine and Covenants 29;7, the chosen will listen to your voice, so there is no need to fight, if they don't want to accept it, they are not chosen, and there are better things you can do with your time.

Well, I love you tons, keep on keepin' on, and keep it classy,
That's also great advice that I can give, keep it classy, all ya gotta do it keep things classy, and everything will be great.
From Guatemala, with love,
Elder Hopkinsito



No comments:

Post a Comment