Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Carving "Pumpkins"


Before - a very hard "pumpkin" to carve!
After - the result


October 23, 2012

Hay Family

So last week I even wrote down to wish dad a happy birthday, but in the witting process it just didn't quite get into the email, but happy birthday dad!!!  wow, 50 years old.... i left home living with my dad, and now I'm gonna get back to live with my grandpa it seems hahahaha. just kidding! Thats great that you've got another year under your belt, . I laughed when i saw the picture of the cake cuz it looks just like dad! haha. but seriously happy birthday, i love you.

And also Happy Anniversary. Thank you for getting married so that Icould be born in a home of loving parents who love the Lord. We are teaching a part member family right now, the wife is a member, but doesn't want to get married to her husband! They have 3 kids and have been together for 7 years. We're gonna have to give them chicote. thats what we say to reprimand, or get after? i don't really know how to say it in english.
(I told Elder Hopkins that the office emailed me about details for his Christmas package and then Elder Jaramillo put in brackets at the bottom of his email  "p.s. Elder Hopkins is a stud!"

haha, Elder Jaramillo is my bud, we were in a district together, actually he was my district leader for a change. great guy.

Thats crazy that the temple is going to be done so soon! I'm excited to go when I get back.

So what happened this week... lots of interviews... one that needed the President to go interview him, one that wasn't ready for baptism, but after everything, 4 people were baptized in the District.
Right now in my area, we have 2 families that have accepted the goal of november 10th for baptism, but we're just working hard with them to go through with the goal.

This week we have stake conference here, and a member of the 70 is coming for it.

This last week we have a few more coming to church, but the people that we really wanted to come couldn't. well, one had a job pop up that he had to do, and this other family, the one that doesn't want to get married, well, one of their kids got really sick from eating food in the street, and they took him to the hospital at 3 in the morning.

Yesterday or a distict activity, we carved pumpkins, because next week we wont be able to. well they were kind of like pumpkins what we carved... i don't really know what the name is in english. but they were really hard to carve haha, but it was fun. The sisters carved a watermelon, which was a lot easier, and we could actually eat the insides of it ha. we also made enchiladas and brownies. it was great.

but yeah that was basically my weeks. it was good.
Don't be jealous of me being in a warm place, cuz its kinda cold up here in the mountains too. I always have my sweater with me, and sometimes a rain jacket as well, cuz it also rains...

Well, thats it for this week, you'll have to log on to get the pictures because they don't want to send.
From Guatemala, With Love,
Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment