Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Baptism, sad to leave the area


My last baptism in this area, 18 year old Elizabeth
(Tanner isn't that tall, so the people are very short!)
A giant Grasshopper thing,, Crazyyy!



July 10, 2012

Hola Familia!
This week was a good week as well, we tried for another perfect week, but its hard to get 8 investigators at church, we got four again, but we also found a super super inactive family, that we brought to church, which was good. We did have another baptism this week, Elizabeth, her name is, she is 18 years old and is the niece to some members in the ward, that were also inactive, but we got them back at church.
This was my last baptism that i will be having in this area, Guakitos 1, as tomorrow i will be shipped off to a different area, yes they called with changes, and I'm going. I also have an interview at 8 in the morning before changes, so we'll see what happens.
The yard looks super great. Great work there. and thank you, because now i don't have to do it haha.
Great to hear that madison is doing good at her new job. I treated myself to some icecream yesterday, and it was the best thing I've done all week. besides baptizing and all that good stuff. I talked to the icecream lady about how my sister works at an icecream place. and now i gotta go and tell her how good my sister is at making waffle cones! haha. i remember Jocelyn always telling us how she would make waffle cones all day long. I'm glad she got my letter and I'm glad she liked it haha.
How is this new burger place? compared to five guys? the best burger place here is mcdonalds, so not that good, especially how Guatemala Mcdonalds is gross compared to the delicious Canadian Mcdonalds that i grew up to love..
Fantastic that Jesse and grampa and grandmas papers are in! whoohoo!!
I'm rooting for Guatemala City Central for all of them! wouldn't that be awesome haha.
Poor parker with rats in his dorm. I don't even have rats in my house in Guatemala! and I don't even have cockroaches anymore, I got rid of them all.
And right now i don't have fleas, don't you worry, i just wanted to make sure i have spray for when they find me again, but they have some new kind of poison that they are going to get to everyone apparently, but don't you worry about me mommy.
  Well, I'll let you know next week where I'm at, and what I'm doing. I'm hoping that I'll go to solola, up in the mountains, with the indiginous people, I miss them. Maybe they'll send me to roast in the coast. but wherever I'm at, I'll miss this area, I love the members here, and everything, but thats just the cycle of life.
    let me know what missionary mall says about my shoes, cuz even when the streets are damp, after a rainfall, my foot gets wet cuz there is practically nothing in between my foot and the street where that hole is.
Before I forget, the laundry bag i use was one of those drycleaning bags we had, that blue one, from martinizing cleaners or something, something like that would be good, just any bad like that thats not mesh. Also in the package if you can send those face scrub pads, buff puff i think you call them. And send me a little coco butter lotion stuff from walgreens, like that big bottle we have in the phoenix house, I don't really need it but it would be cool, just a tiny bottle, and some easy floss things. I think thats all I can think of. and yeah, the japanese fan is because I want to look like a geisha girl, like jamie takahashi.
 
Have a great week, love ya all,
From Guatemala with love,
Elder Tanner Hopkins

A cute Corte baby
My District
My Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment