Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 21: Becoming more and more like his Dad

Too bad I can't ride this bike!

another hill to walk up??!!

My area - Villa Canales

Elder Varela and I

Every change we get a newsletter and I got my name in it cause we had Family Baptism

Hola!

Thank you for the information on fleas! still can feel them crawling on my body sometimes.

We still haven't had our house inspection from the Mission President's wife, but we keep our house clean anyways. and about changes, yes this Wednesday is transfer day / changes again. We find out tonight if one of us is going, but I think I'm going to be here at least another change. We'll see. I'll let you know where I am next week.

Anyways, I was thinking, for christmas, it would be sweet to have some waterproof bags, like from MEC, that would fit just my scriptures, and maybe a smaller one for my camera too. you have a set of Spanish scriptures so big enough that I could put those in it, PLUS another Spanish bible, just that size would be great. and maybe some tiny mesh bags. Those are handy. Only if you can, I can make do without them. I made a little waterproof box for my scriptures, out of cardboard and alot of packing tape.

Also I'll just throw this out there, but as I've been sitting here there has been 2 mini earthquakes, which are really cool I think, its like I'm on a ride at a theme park, with everything shaking. they aren't too rare here.

The picture frames I buy, I put a picture of the person we baptize in it and give it them. It's for them, but I do print out a photo of each one and put it in a little album I have.

Oh the letters I received were from Carly Ruiz, Jessica Bachinsky, and Erin Harker. and all three have cards in the mail coming back to them!

Sometimes I feel like I'm becoming more and more like dad, and I wonder if all the little habits he has he developed on his mission. who knows.

Well I sent a lot of photos to you and don't have too much time to write. Just been working like usual, trying to have lessons IN the homes of members. There is a statistic of 1 in every 3 investigator that goes to church and has lessons in the houses of members get baptized. So we managed to have three this week which was great.

I sent Tanner some pictures of his brother's mustache and beard – his comment
I am jealous. I want that beard ha ha.

well I'm gonna end now so maybe I can chat with you!

until next week!

Elder Hopkins

Just some hill in my area that we were walking up


We had a family home evening with a family in our ward, and i love their kids, so fun  (glad to see him sharing the glow in the dark bracelets, pencils and other items his family is sending for just this purpose)





It was raining and no one had umbrellas with them so our district leader sheltered us.

We played capture the flag in the rain with our zone and took a photo after

No comments:

Post a Comment