Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 20: "Doing good, Better than Yesterday, not as Good as Tomorrow"

Hola Mammy y familia.

Well I'll start out answering your questions, so i don't forget to do that later. The flea bites don't hurt or anything, they are just itchy. I have cream and stuff that I put on them, but I'm pullin through, they aren't too too bad. It was just that one night where an entire family of fleas decided to have a royal feast.

We go to the house of our cook whenever we eat with her. It's like 2 streets over from where we live.
Yes I've gotten the envelopes with stickers and such, but i haven't gotten those other ones yet.
That's great that my letters have gotten to you guys, I feels like just yesterday when I sent them. and I'm glad Kent got his before he left the MTC, I was thinking it wasn't going to make it, I sent it like 3 weeks ago I think. Writing letters is kind of like an investment of time. If I put in a little effort, I'll get back a little, in the forms of cards, and it is well worth the time.
I never knew Brendan Day moved to New Zealand??? haha what the heck, I'll miss that guy, but that's great that he got his call and that he's going to go on a mission!

pffffft PUCHICAS. Madison got her license, AND is driving around in a convertible. You better keep an eye on those boys... they're gonna be chasing her ha. That sounds like a super fun party too. People would always tell me that i should have a dance party in the garage, but i never wanted to cuz of all the work there would be ha. but I'm glad it has now been done, and was a success it sounds like. ooooh yes go to Zach and Brendon's farewells, if i can't make it at least I need a representative there for me haha. wish them luck and tell them i love them TONS. I know they will be great missionaries but don't tell them that from me because when I was just leaving on my mission, EVERYBODY would say that and it got so annoying haha.

I'm glad to hear that Sam went to the corn bust, and had some nice conversations with those guys. I've been praying for him y que el vaya a parar de vegar en la oscuridad y que el regrese al camino estrecho y angosto, por que yo se que su vida puede ser mejor en esta forma. But that brings a smile to my face that he went.

(I told him how dirty the water was off the California coast near LA)
Yes that does sound like Guatemalan water haha. We'll have to find someplace where I can surf, maybe in a Spanish speaking country ha. but yeah the rivers in my town, there's dead dogs often in them, and sometimes there's dead bodies left in them cuz they can't afford a grave, i haven't seen any of the dead bodies luckily, but that's what I've been told.

Yea i don't know about Christmas presents either. I'm sure you can think of something that I'll like. Cards and a few pictures would be nice ha ha i don't know, but yeah i do know of the place here where you can get suits custom made for cheap.

I'm glad Kianna has found someone that makes her happy and has settled down. Tell her I say congratulations, and that's awesome that Dad made a cut out of Brett hahaha. That's awesome.

But yeah, I'm doing good, better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow. we had a lot of success this week, as we had 16 people in church, even with the election being yesterday. Lots of members didn't even go. There were a lot of riots in my city that we had to avoid with the elections, HA JUST KIDDING. Don't worry. It was like a normal day. I am safe, and healthy.

We are continuing to meet the family "H" I spoke of, the parents, and the grandparents, they are both very positive still. The other day we were teaching them, and then more members of their family arrived and listened in too, and at the end of it I think we were teaching 11 people in a little tin house living room. Just passing by their house often and building a relationship with them has helped us build a trust. We challenged them to baptism and have a goal of the 24th. We're not counting it as a set date yet, but its a goal. They have kids that like the youth programs, I mean why wouldn't they, they are amazing. I love all the things I did with the church as a youth.

well time just flew by and I am out of time. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
Elder Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment